Industry Standard Testing
Can-Weld is an accredited Canadian Welding Bureau (C.W.B.) test center for plate welding and provides Technical Standards & Safety Authority (T.S.S.A.) for testing pipe.
To maintain our accreditation, first time welders to this facility will need to make an appointment for an evaluation to review testing procedures and to:
- Assure C.W.B. that the individual is qualified prior to the actual test date and/or
- Confirm that you are indeed ready to do a T.S.S.A. pipe test. When you are using our testing facility you will find practice and test plates and pipe (coupons) cut and preassembled to maintain procedure accuracy and maximize your practical training.
Industry Certification Testing
There are three ways a person may test for industry certification:
- Entry level welders may choose to test with C.W.B. or T.S.S.A. as a way to confirm their welding skills as they seek employment.
- Experienced welders may renew their “tickets” to maintain or seek additional certification.
- An employee may seek certification through their company via an upgrading training allowance.
Hence our commercial customers may choose to minimize production schedule interruption by allowing our instructors to administer testing to their employees and assist with HR administration.
In addition to C.W.B or T.S.S.A., Can-Weld is a highly organized and qualified facility available to administer any plate or pipe certification process as an In-House Procedure. Contact our office and speak with scheduling for additional information, pricing and certification goals to meet your needs.
Guidelines & Rules
Because Can-Weld has continual enrollment, we will do everything possible to ensure you will have completed all tests outlined in your program (see your admission information) before your end date.
However; we cannot guarantee this due to the C.W.B. Inspector’s schedule. If this is the case, you may have to book a C.W.B. test after your end date and extra training sessions will be considered just prior to the testing date. Please meet with our front office scheduler to arrange.
The test dates for the T.S.S.A. (Technical Standards Safety Authority) for pipe welding tests are held in the last month of your program in order to provide valid T.S.S.A. certification for any perspective company that you may contract with for employment. Testing is done on an individual appointed time and not done in a group setting.